What is assessed in a neuropsychological evaluation?
Brain function is assessed indirectly using formal neurocognitve tests in
a person-friendly environment. Most people find the evaluation interesting.
Neuropsychological tests assess a broad range of domains:
- General intellectual ability
- Academic achievement, such as reading, writing,
and math skills
- Social and emotional functioning
- Personality and mood
- Learning and memory
- Speech and language skills
- Visual-spatial skills
- Gross and fine motor coordination
- Attentional processes
- Executive functions, such as planning, cognitive
flexibility, inhibition, and ability to follow